Around not only the country, but the entire world today, hundreds of thousands of protestors came together in support of women’s rights. I am THRILLED. All day I have been riding the high of seeing how many of my friends made their way to D.C. and I am incredibly proud. I wish I had been able to make my way to one, but I hereby promise myself that I will not, for any reason, miss the next one (because you know this was only the beginning!)
So I think it’s safe to say there is plenty of awesome on the internet about this whole thing today. And because of the glowing pride I have for my fellow feminists, my whole list this week is dedicated to the awesome internet links I have found about the protests or in relation to what all the incredible people today were marching for. (Mostly from Buzzfeed, because they were killing it today, sorry not sorry).
- These Buzzfeed articles with pictures and signs from the protests in America and around the world.
- This collection of tweets about #WomenWhoHaveInspiredMe from Bustle.
- ABC News’s YouTube video with the ENTIRE 6 HOUR LIVE FEED of the protests. (But trust me ya’ll, don’t read the comments and don’t feed the trolls).
- This article that’s literally just about Chrissy Teigen’s reaction to the inauguration.
- The reasons these women shared about why they were marching. (Because for some reason, people keep asking why, but then ignoring it when they’re given answers…)
- The Women’s March Twitter, the hashtag, and the fact that there is an automatic female symbol emoji when you use the hashtag on Twitter today.
- The tweets from all the celebs that were out there doing the dang thing in their respective cities today, and everyone who tweeted in solidarity because they could not attend.
- The United State of Women website where you can learn about ways to get involved in the movement, even if you were unable to join the protesters today.
- HeForShe, an organization dedicated to men and women standing together. More details on the site!
May this always be a reminder to us about how powerful women are, and how much we can do when we all stand together.
“Grab ’em by the patriarchy” 😉
Talk to ya’ll soon!