I decided to do another good things post to end the week. I don’t know if I’ll continue to do this every single week or not, but for now I’m really digging the idea of taking time to appreciate some positive stuff.
So without further ado here are some more good things to remind everyone how awesome the world can be!
1. A Series of Unfortunate Events finally aired on Netflix and it was every bit as perfect as this fan could have ever asked for. ASoUE is to me what Harry Potter is to a lot of others, and I’m so happy that this series lived up to my expectations. I can’t wait to see season 2. If you’re a fan of dark and absurdist humor, do yourself a favor and check it out immediately.
If you haven’t seen the trailer yet (or if you want to watch it again because it is JUST. SO. GOOD. you can watch it here
2. The book “A Year of Cozy“is an awesome coffee table book (released in 2015) full of activities, crafts and recipes that fit into a cozy lifestyle. The author is clearly inspired by the Danish concept of Hygge, which is becoming more and more popularized through blogs and a ton of other books. But the reason I really dig this book is because it has different adventures and such for every single month. Plus the author wrote this from a more personal perspective of things she actually does that she enjoys. It even starts off with a recipe for birthday donuts… for dogs!
3. Speaking of dogs… they are my next list item. Dogs are so good and so pure and so cute. Dogs. Yes. Good.
4. Jenny Lawson. Her blog is incredible, her books are hysterical, and her posts about joining a vampire brotherhood almost made me pee my pants. And the best part is she created a LADYHOOD of Vampires, and there is merchandise! What an icon. Jenny Lawson, I bow down to you.
5. WheezyWaiter’s YouTube channel. Here’s his newest video. Its essentially a video of good things much like this blog post is attempting to be. So CLEARLY I AM A FAN.
6. Slippers. Slippers are cozy and keep your feet warm. Much good.
7. Dear Evan Hansen. It’s a new Broadway musical (that I lucked out and got to see on it’s opening preview night) with a truly incredible story that I didn’t see coming. I am scared to say much about it without giving a ton of information away, so here’s the website. Listen to the music, see it if you can, and have all the tissues with you because it’s funny but it is also SOUL-SHATTERINGLY HEARTBREAKING. (Also the director of my favorite musical of all-time, Next to Normal, directed this so you KNOW *it’s gonna be good*… if you see what I did there you are a theatre NERD and I love you).
8. Yoga. So good, it always makes me feel awesome. And how cool is it that we live in a world where you can join a yoga class if that’s your thing, but you can also find videos like this one online if you are too shy to start out in a room full of people. The internet can be so awesome sometimes.
9. The newest surge of Joe Biden memes. I mean, how can that not give you joy?
10. And a book I’m trying to stick with this year because I’m really liking how it helps give me a focus every week, The 52 Lists Project. Because, little known fact here, I really thoroughly enjoy lists. *SHOCKING*
And there you have it, folks! Another week of good things. Hope this list helps remind you of all the positive out there. What are some good things you’re glad for this week, Pollyannas? (Someone please get that reference).
Talk to ya’ll soon!